With hundreds of Korean skincare products available out there, it can be difficult for you to know which one you should use in order to improve your skin. Within this blog, we provide tips to make the process easier. Find out more.
With no signs of popularity slowing down, Korean beauty products are set to take the skincare world by storm, which explains why so many people are jumping on the Korean skincare train each day. This being said, however, it’s a common problem that many people don’t know where to start; an average Korean skincare routine will feature around ten separate steps and products and, as there are multiple products to choose from for every skin type, it can be overwhelming for newbies to understand where to start and which products to use. In this blog, however, we explain how you can choose the perfect skincare products for you, so that you can improve the overall look and feel of your skin once and for all.
First of all, it’s important to identify which skin type you have. Are you oily, dry, combination or normal? You may think you know, but have you ever investigated the condition of your skin in enough detail to be absolutely sure? If the answer is no, now is the time. We recommend visiting a dermatologist or a trained beauty aesthetician once a year who will check your skin condition and address any concerns. However, there are also multiple ways in which you can discover your skin type from home; one of them being the ‘bare-faced method’. Just follow the steps below:
- Using a mild cleanser, cleanse your skin and pat dry.
- Leave skin bare and do not apply any further products. This includes moisturisers, serums or toners.
- After 30 minutes, examine your face and check for shine. Test how it feels when you make facial expressions, such as smiling.
- If your skin feels tight, you most likely have dry skin.
- If you can see shine on your nose and forehead, you most likely have normal/ combination skin.
- If you can see shine on your cheeks, your skin is classed as oily.
Now that you know more about your skin type, you can make a start on investigating the products you think would be beneficial to you. On our website, we have made this process as simple as possible for you by separating our products into different sections per skin type, so you are able to easily browse through products for dry skin, normal skin, oily skin or combination skin to establish a skincare routine you can be confident in.
In addition to understanding your skin type, it’s also important that you understand the ingredients used in Korean skincare products. The ingredients of each product will vary depending on its purpose, therefore, it’s important that you know the qualities of each. The good news is, we did all the hard work for you! Fear not, we’ve tested all the products and checked the properties of their ingredients. One of the most amazing things about Korean cosmetics is that their ingredients list is extremely transparent. We do our best to share this information with you in product descriptions and our blogs.
Here is a list of a few of the ingredients featured in the skincare products available at Skinsider:
- Grape seed extract, which benefits the appearance of the skin by bonding with collagen to maintain skin cell health and elasticity of the skin. A particular product that features grape seed extract is the Dr. G Hydra Intense Cleansing Water, which can be used to clear skin from makeup and harmful substances.
- Primrose oil, which has essential nutrients and healthy fats that improve the overall health of the skin, making it soft, youthful and flawless. The Dr. G Wrinkle Snail Mask includes primrose oil and cares specifically for wrinkled skin.
- Centella asiatica, also known as tiger grass, which is famous for healing and repairing damaged skin, as well as relieving skin inflammation and troubles. A skincare product that features this ingredient is the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream, which helps to calm and soothe extremely sensitive skin.
- Camellia oil, also known as tea seed oil, comes from the seeds of the plant from which green tea is made and is renowned for its healing properties. Camellia oil can be found in the Blossom Jeju Camellia Soombi Essence Oil, which is a lightweight serum that instantly brightens and firms skin.
With our tips in tow, choosing the perfect Korean skincare product for you won’t seem so hard. Although it can be daunting at first, take your time and make sure you have covered all areas by finding out more about your skin type. If, after following our steps, you’re still spoilt for choice and need advice on which skincare products are right for you, our expert team are always on-hand to help; here at Skinsider, we are passionate about beautiful skin and know the ins and outs of every product listed on our website, so if you have a question, get in touch with us on our website here.