Whether you are beauty savvy, or a newbie interested in creating own skincare rituals, hyaluronic acid skin products are must-try.
Hyaluronic Acid is one of the most popular ingredients used in skincare products. No surprise it is also very popular in Korean skincare as it is key to maintain smooth, flawless, and hydrated skin.
Do You love bouncy skin? Hyaluronic Acid is a skin-boosting ingredient that can do wonders and you will find amazing range of hyaluronic acid skin products at Skinsider.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid (called also HA; it can be also found on the ingredients list as sodium hyaluronate, hyaluronan, or hydrolysed hyaluronic acid) is crucial in maintaining skin hydration.
Fun fact, our own skin cells produce hyaluronic acid naturally. Its goal is to maintain moisture levels. Natural hyaluronic acid is bound to collagen and linked to water molecules. It increases hydration in the skin, which can keep your skin looking fresh and bouncy.
However, as we age and due to environmental stressors, those natural levels of hyaluronic acid tend to drop.
What happens then? Decreasing levels of hyaluronic acid can cause sensitivity, dullness, fine lines and uneven skin tone and texture.
Why is Hyaluronic Acid in so many cosmetics?
Hyaluronic acid is an affordable and very effective ingredient. It is great for all skin types. As it is non-irritating, HA can be used on even the most problematic skin such as acne-prone or rosacea skin.
Is Hyaluronic Acid good for skin? Who should use it?
Yes! Hyaluronic acid is a superstar ingredient suitable for all skin types.
Those of you with dry or more mature skin will enjoy hyaluronic acid as the skin will have fuller and bouncier look. The superstar ingredient will reduce the signs of ageing and smooth fine lines.
If you are struggling with dehydrated skin, HA can help you address multiple skin concerns such as tight and rough skin.
How often should I use Hyaluronic Acid?
Usually, products with hyaluronic acids can be used all year round and can be applied in the morning or at night. Yes, hyaluronic acid is a very flexible humectant. Great news is that hyaluronic acid will not interfere with other potent skincare.
If you are using active ingredients and harsher treatments such as retinol, vitamin C or acne treatments that can make skin sensitive and dry, hyaluronic acid can be very helpful in balancing and soothing the skin.
How to use Hyaluronic Acid?
All depends on which hyaluronic acid skincare product you use. The beauty of hyaluronic acid toners is that they prep the skin and balance natural pH of the skin. If you use HA essence, it will add a dose of immediate hydration. We love to apply hyaluronic acid toner/ or essence directly onto fresh, damp skin.
There are also amazing hydrating Korean face serums and sheet masks.
General rule is to use a dace cream as the last step to lock hydration inside and prevent it from evaporation. A light hyaluronic acid cream can be a game changer.
What are the best Hyaluronic Acid brands?
While talking about hydration, we have to mention some of Korean skincare expert:
- Cult K-Beauty brand Klairs became an expert in developing hydrating skincare products. What is more, it is vegan, cruelty-free, ideal for even sensitive skin.
- Isntree will be perfect for anyone who loves minimalistic skin rituals and ingredients list.
- If you want to maintain your youthful glow, incorporate hyaluronic acid into your anti-ageing skincare routine. Check the power of Hydrium line from COSRX or HaruHaru Wonder.
- Real Barrier remains a leader in the K-Beauty when it comes to tackle dehydrated, dry skin that tackles hypersensitivity.
If you are in a search for vegan skincare, check our selection here.
The best Hyaluronic Acid moisturisers
If you are in a search for hyaluronic acid cream, we have some amazing face creams in our offer.
- Expect super bouncy, soft skin when using Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream suitable for combination or oily skin or its alternative Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Moist Cream suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
- Klairs Fundamental Water Gel Cream will be perfect for those who want to avoid greasiness or sticky feeling especially during summertime.
- Do you struggle with compromised skin barrier? Trust us, your face will feel the difference after using Real Barrier Intense Moisture Cream
- COSRX Hydrium Moisture Power Enriched Cream makes even dry, dehydrated skin stay hydrated all day long.
What are the most popular Hyaluronic Acid serums and ampoules?
Formulated with long and short chain hyaluronic acid molecules to penetrate the skin effectively, Korean skin serum and ampoules offer immediate hydration and comfort. They will keep your skin plump whilst working hard to reduce negative impact of pollutants and external factors.
Here are some of our favourites:
Glow with Skinsider
Get rewarded when you join the Skinsider Family. Exclusive discounts and points earned on every order help to save on K-Beauty essentials. Click the reward icon in the bottom corner of the page to join today.